August 13, 2014

IF: Peace

A while ago IF suggested it's weekly subject: Peace. I loved it but for several reasons I couldn't submit the illustration on time. But I'll do it here.

As usual, I wrote my related keyword list. This time it included: dove, globe, heart, hands, rose, guns on the ground, demilitarization, flower, cannon - and then started thinking what could be done with it.

I actually loved the combination of the last two - Cannon and Flower - and this is what I came up with.

I started looking for some perspective references for flowers and cannons and I found this photograph, that on one hand fits my idea perfectly and on the other - it seems that I borrowed my idea from it. Weird...

Anyways, this is the finished illustration:

I tried as much as I could to create a believable perspective of the cannon; I know there's still some work to be done. But I like it in general.

Also there are many mistakes with the lighting thing, obviously, but that's not new to me.

And while giving this illustration another look, I can see that there is no shadow at all beneath the cannon. And that is not good. I'll have to keep those shades in mind for the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment