April 25, 2014

Drawspace lesson S04: how to draw a cartoon chick.

I don't know how about you but when I opened Lesson S04 and saw the suggested subject, I immediately thought of Tweety, one of the most famous chicks in the world! Tweety and Chicken Little.

This is the Chick from the lesson.

It was a cute, simple and fast sketch.

This is, obviously, Tweety.

Tweety was really simple and it took me about half an hour to complete.

And this is Chicken Little. Yes, I know, it's a bit hairy. I love how the pants turned out, though :).

As you can see, my main struggle was with the color, not the form. When I bout my set of pencils I didn't really think I would need many colors and shades, so I bought a small box of 12. When shading Little I've realized how wrong I was. And actually, at this very moment of writing these lines I do regret for not using my "simple and lousy" colored pencils I mention in my previous posts. Yes, I guess they could be really useful here. Well, next time I'll do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment