February 13, 2014

Drawspace lesson N02: How to draw a Penguin

Wow, pinguins!!! Don't you just love them? I know I do!!! One of my favorite cartoons is Happy Feet, and if you haven't watched it yet, you should, and soon!!! It's a musical about singing and dancing penguins. The movie is amazing, wonderfully done, the cast, wich performs all the musical numbers, is amazing. Highly reccomended!

And now, to the sketch.

This is Tux, the penguin.

The outline was quick, the form is simply layed out on the lesson itself. As always with fur, it as such a long draw!!! I took a break workinh on the shading/fur - feather making. So frusturating!!!

But, nevertheless, I decided to draw another penguin. This one based on my own picture, taken last year in Jerusalem Biblical zoo.

If you compare the sketch to the original photograph, you will see I made a mistake while shading, and decided not to go on with it. After all, drawing fur is not the point here.

P.S. I've noticed just now that the highlighted text in the Draspace lesson usually refers to te instruction itself, and the regular text is general knowledge and tips. It helps me skip throught the text without reading things I see on the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment