November 10, 2013

Drawspace lesson I09: how to draw a pig

Hi all!

Let's draw a pig! That's what lesson I09 suggests we do, so, like Marvin from Red said: "I'm bringing the pig!"

The piglet in the lesson was really cute.

It seems that I got the form pretty but my shading, well, was far from perfect. Maybe I should have done the strokes shorter. After all, pigs usually don't have a long hair...

These are the references for my challenges. The "same pose" pig and portrait. Here they are.

The shading went pretty slow. So slow that I couldn't make myself finishing the portrait, so I decided to leave it as is. And you know what? I love that thick 9B outline!

I hope you were more successful than myself in this shading part.

See you soon,
Dalia

Tip of the post: When drawing/shading fur, move your pencil in circle or a wavy line. It will make the fur spread more realistically on the drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment