November 04, 2013

Drawspace lesson I07: How to draw a mouse.

Hi hi.

I'm moving on to the next lesson. It's still about animals, hair and fur and this time we draw a mouse.
I don't know how I feel about mice. They don't disgust me like they did in my childhood. When I see a fleeing mouse or a dead rat I pity it. I know I wouldn't keep one at home, that's for sure. But I wouldn't mind to draw one and that's what I'll be doing now.

The lesson is simple. There are some sketches, some explanation and some more sketches. This is mine.
And, obviously - I don't like it. I don't like the shading, I don't like the fur, I don't like the thick outline and I don't like the small ears.

This is my first challenge.
While drawing I managed to get to like this one. I had a bit of a problem with its paws and a huge problem with its whiskers. But otherwise - I like what I did.
It's almost the same position as the one from the original sketch.

This is my second challenge. It took me a while before I started sketching this one. At first I just sat quietly to study and admire the photograph. Did you notice the pose? And the gorgeous large shining eyes? With these thoughts in my mind I began this challenge.

That's the result.
After scanning and looking at it again I can see now that there are too little dark tones, I should have worked more with my 6B pencil. The nose is also not something, as the eyes, but I do like the general form and the fact that the mouse looks fluffy.

It's a good thing I don't like many things, it means I still have things to learn and perfect.

Have a great day,
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment