September 28, 2013

Drawspace lesson H11: How to draw lips: front.

Hi all,

As we go from a human body to its parts, today we get to draw the lips. The main emphasis of Lesson H11 is not a lip drawing but rather a lip hatching.

This is the sketch.














Since the hatching is full, it took me longer to finish then I expected. It was a nice experience. I made a few mistakes regarding the direction of the hatching but it was easily fixed.

These are the sketches; I would even say studies of the lips given in the lesson.


















I didn't do the full shading, since I was primarily interested in the form. I had to explore the perspective and the changes coming with the turn of the head.

I'm not sure I'm pretty happy with these but I can't say they're bad too.

Have a great day,
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment