August 12, 2013

Drawspace lesson F05 - How to draw and hatch a Manga male face

Hi all,

and welcome to Lesson F05 of a Drawspace art program.

Today we'll be drawing and hatching a manga male face named Cobrah. As always, after a relaxing practice in drawing lines there is a usual face drawing. Nice!

While reading the article I discovered that there's a ruler involved again. I don't know if it's actually good, since I want to do free-ruler drawings. I decided not to use it, although I'm sure it would make the final result better.

This is the first scheme. As suggested, I used an HB pencil to make it.




These are the basic features for the Cobrah face. This guy does look intimidating.





In this third sketch hair and eye lids were added. The sketch is more detailed now. 


This is the first Sharpie outline. I still avoided erasing the helping lines, although, as it seems, there's no way back at this point.

This is the final sketch. I erased the lines and finished the color fill in and the hatching.

I'm pretty happy with this drawing. My Cobrah face is a bit longer than the original one, but hey, that's what happens when you don't use a ruler.

I hope you found this lesson useful.

Tip of the day: Before I make any line I pit a dot on the paper. I make a mental measurement before a make a line.

Have a great day,
Dalia

No comments:

Post a Comment