September 15, 2012

How to draw an Orchid flower - method 3

Hi hi!!

Let's go through the third method of how to draw an Orchid. The method is also taken form DragoArt.com , and it's quite simple. You draw a circle first, than an eight-like shape right on it. Then you add half an ellipse to the upper part, some pirate -shaped mustache to the bottom part and then the rest of the three bottom petals.






This is the "by the book" method.











These are the "by the ref" sketches:






It took me a while to complete them, but not because it was difficult but for some other reason which is not detected yet.
This is the exact reason that made me do so little sketches.











I even started to sketch a branch of flowers but left it in the middle, because it just didn't flow right.




I mean, don't get me wrong, I loved this method, it's wonderful.

But it just didn't feel like drawing at that point so I left it as is. But for the sake of the post I've decided to include it too so you don't say I'm not drawing enough.

I don't know, maybe it's some kind of bad mood or a feeling f the end of the year. Or maybe I just got sick of this "12 flowers" project, I don't know...




Anyway, this is it for now...

I'll see you soon,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment