July 06, 2012

How to draw a Water Lily - Method 1

Hi all!!!

Let's begin.

For the first method I chose a tutorial from Drawing Factory.

The author breaks the flower in two circles - the inner for center and outer for petals. The petals go all around the center - layer by layer.
Circles around are for the leaves floating around the Water Lily on the pond's surface.

I can't say that it was very difficult. The author made this tutorial really easy to follow. But really was like drawing a Rose for the first time, since I almost got lost in the Lilly's petals when I did this one.

Another challenge was to draw water which was the very first time for me. I did water once before in oil actually, but not in pencil sketch.



Anyway, these are other four sketches. Had lots of fun, although the water thing didn't really work very well... as well as shadows...















I hope you found this method as useful as I did.
Feel free to leave a comment.

Have a great day,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment