March 10, 2012

How to draw an Iris flower: Method 2

This is a second part of How to draw an Iris flower series.

The method was taken from TLS site, where you can find articles on various subjects including art.

It is a 5 step method - including the shading, pretty simple and almost naturalistic.
These are the "by the book" sketch. It didn't take me too long to draw, since the method is pretty simple.




















And these are the attempts to implement this method on my drawing.

















I was pretty surprised that I almost didn't struggle with these, although I think that Iris is not such a simple flower to draw. It was frustrating at times, but nothing I couldn't manage.
So I guess it was pretty good.

Did you find this method useful?
What do you think?

Have a great day,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment