January 16, 2012

How to draw a Rose: Method 3


I've decided to take some time off the open rose and focused on a rose bud.

Obviously it is much simpler than the open rose, but it is something one shouldn't neglect. After all, every flower starts as a bud.
So here it is, the first sketch taken right from the above link. First I outlined the bud and then added the details.
It didn't take me very long to complete, although I must admit, I wasn't in a rush at all. Looks a bit schematic, but that's the reference.











The following sketches are based on a ShutterStock references, there are plenty of great hight quality rose images to be found.
Of course, since these were the photos of a real life flowers it took me a bit longer to sketch. Some of them I redrew several times, but I think it was worth it.












Many more sketches followed these one's. I actually had fun using this method and right now I have about 15 sketches of different roses. It's not that much, but I'll keep practicing and I hope you do too.

Have fun sketching,

No comments:

Post a Comment