January 11, 2012

How to draw a Rose: Method 1

Welcome to the "How to draw a Rose" series.
This is the first of the total 6.

To make no mistake, I am not the one teaching, but the one learning how to draw a flower using as many various methods as I can find, on and off the web .I've always tried to learn how to draw a Rose but never did it methodically as I plan to now.

At first I will go with the simplest method possible and then I'll move on.

So one of the sites I found was DrawingNow which gives a pretty simple demonstration on How to draw a Rose.
My conclusion after the first attempt is that when you draw the Rose form its center, its starts with 2 then 3 petals and, as it opens, it gets to 4 and lastly 5 petals at the widest part.

This is my very first attempt.



It took me exactly 2 - or even less - minutes to do this sketch. What I liked the most about this method is that it doesn't require of you to be accurate but gives you a general idea of the flower's structure.









The following sketches are an attempt to use this method by drawing a Rose for photos and illustrations I found on web.Of course, these are far from being perfect, but for now that's not the point.












I must say that this one was easier than I thought it would be, but it might be just a method :).

I invite you to join me on this project and learn with me.
Good luck!

P.S. For those of you who like to cook I found this post on How to make gum paste roses.
Looks yummy!!!

Also in this series:
How to draw a Rose: Method 2
How to draw a Rose: Method 3
How to draw a Rose: Method 4
How to draw a Rose: Method 5
How to draw a Rose: Method 6

No comments:

Post a Comment