January 06, 2012

2012: The plan

2012 is here and it's time to make some plans.

During the past few years when writing my resolutions and plans for the year to come I used to create a monthly schedule for everything: Jan - 1, 2, 3; Feb - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
Since experience shows that method doesn't really work for me, I've decided to divide it to quarters, and see what happens. Also I will share a list of the things I want to do this year, at least, things that have to do with my development as an artist and illustrator. 
The list will be absolutely intuitive, just a rough plan of what I want to achieve this year.


So, let us begin:
  1. Sketch, sketch, sketch!!! As much as possible!!! 
  2. Learn how to draw all Chinese calendar characters to get ready for the next year in advance.
  3. Same for the Zodiacs, of course :).
  4. Do a 5, 10, 15 minutes exercise once a week. It shouldn't be hard to dedicate half an hour of my time to such a development.
  5. Draw 12 flowers during this year, but do it in such a way that it will become a second nature. I mean, I love daises, but come on, I must move on. 
  6. Work on Portraits and Human figure. 
  7. Get ahead of myself and be ready for the holidays at least 2 week before it comes. Which means, start preparing for it at least 2 months in advance.
  8. Learn about Illustrator Brushes and Symbols - thanks for the reminder, Ryan.
  9. Do Drawspace lessons more often.
  10. Become a regular on Illustration Friday. I've made one or two illustrations in the past, but that doesn't really count.
  11. Draw at least 1 hour a day - every day! and keep it documented in my Journal. (added on March, 2012).
  12. Learn how to shade properly. (Added on March, 2012)
  13. Learn to draw water and water drops. (Added July 28th, 2012)
  14. Learn to draw domestic and wild animals. (added August 2012)
Other things are in order to:
  1. Work on my Graphiking gift shop - enlarge both shops assortment and income. (circa 800 items in Jan 2012)
  2. Keep blogging - at least once a week.
  3. Develop readership of this blog.
  4. Work on some HTML, CSS and all to make the blog and the shop look better.
  5. SEO. Nothing to add.
  6. Airbrush course (added Oct 21st, 2012)
I believe that this list will grow with time, so keep checking it.

See you soon., 
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment