May 23, 2010

What to draw? - Whatever you like.

So you’ve decided that you what to learn how to draw. Great decision. But what should you draw? Where the hell do you start?

Have you ever heard these artists/teachers saying that "it's not important what to draw, just draw everything that's around you". Well, it's a great advice - but pretty dull. I mean, it is great to be able to draw anything that comes in mind, but I think that this "everything" should somehow relate to the artist himself, to excite him.

So one of the things I would advise to do is to draw objects you like. If you like roses - draw them. If you like tulips and pansies like I do - draw them. If you like your dolls - please, don't be shy. And if you like the way your fingers look like - be my guest.

Anything goes.

As long as you practice.

Good luck!

P.S. Btw, these are some of my pansies:

No comments:

Post a Comment