February 14, 2010

Basic forms - thats the start

Some time ago I found this cool exercise saying that when you combine two circles, you can create a new form.

It seems that since we have only three basic forms - a circle, a triangle and a square - the possibilities are limited. But when you are done with two forms - you can start combining three, and then four and then five and then.... well, you get the idea...

So these are my latest tryouts with circles:


I started with just circling with my pencil...



And then were these obvious glasses and bicycle, and this cute sunflower...


And then - more flowers and circles...


I think it is a great brainstorming exercise, so I 'm sure I’ll get back to it from time to time, or even use it as a pre-drawing exercise...

No comments:

Post a Comment